Sunday, December 19, 2010

appreciated passion

I don't know how to start my first post and in all honesty, I'm a little nervous to meet an expectation I'm putting on myself to make it very clever and witty, but I choose not to stress. So simply, I welcome you to my blog and to my heart with the warmest welcome I can give :)

Members of the blog world, my name is Elisha. It's nice to meet you. I hope that this space can be one where you become inspired, dream big, and discover more about the way you were made. Enjoy!

And just a bit about me to introduce myself. The other day as I declared to myself that I want to create a blog, I thought of sharing about a great little art store nearby that I just discovered via my brother. I think that post will have to wait, however, as I want to start all this off with big huge thank you's. Ever since I was a kid, I've enjoyed crafts and the arts. As a little 7 year old, my friend Stephanie would come over and we'd spend hours upon hours having tons of fun making friendship bracelets. Then as I grew older, somewhere along the way I just didn't craft much anymore, except for the occasional birthday or Christmas card, of course.

So it all started a few months ago sometime during the summer with a small revelation. As my college graduation is quickly approaching, I soberly said to myself, "Wow, I really don't know where I'm going in life." I asked myself what I was passionate about and not much came to mind.

You see, as a kid I never really aspired to be something. I had never dreamed and gotten carried away with all the possibilities! I kind of just lived in the day. Granted, there's nothing wrong with that, but I personally wasn't satisfied. I wanted more.  I want to be carried away :) I want to spend hours fantasizing about all the things I could do, see, experience, be a part of, etc. I knew that the world was BIG and I wanted to be a part of it in a big way. So...I started to ask for creativity. I started to ask for my mind to expand and be filled with dreams, inspiration, and passion. Several months later in September, a friend introduced me to a great blog called Oh, Hello Friend where crafting awakened again within my heart. I started to become intentional with setting aside time to do this thing that I've always enjoyed. And all along the way as I'm realizing who I am and what I was made for, I've gotten muchhhh encouragement and support from my amazing family and dear boyfriend to continue doing what I love and see where that takes me in the moment and later in life. Who knows, maybe I will become a full-time crafter, designer, or photographer! Journey with me and we will see together! :)

So thank you, D, mom, and Cliff so much for seeing the good that comes out of this passion, being bold to share that good with me, and rejoicing with me even in the silliest of discoveries or accomplished feats. I appreciate you guys...a lot!



David & I at Unique L.A.
My very first crafts fair!

With Christmas just around the corner...an oldie of my family.


And most of all, I thank my awesome Jesus for He is the one who forms passion within us and brings life to living. Thank You for these gifts, God! I absolutely love 'em :)

No comments: