Tuesday, January 4, 2011

inspiration: The Way Things Go

In class yesterday my professor shared this incredibly fascinating video with us. It is a 1987 art film entitled The Way Things Go by Peter Fischli and David Weiss. If you like re-purposing, fire, dominoes, and creative design, I think you'll be highly inspired by this. I couldn't find a full version of this to post so here it is in three parts. Well, maybe it's a fortunate thing that the parts are broken up because it is REALLY long (almost 30 minutes). The entire thing is down right brilliant, but personally, I'd just skip the first video and get straight to the second and maybe stop there if I didn't have a half an hour to spare. Enjoy!
==========================================================
Fischli and Weiss's film sprouted from their 1984-1985 photography series "Quiet Afternoon." Ironic, as all of their photos were intentionally taken at the closest time of its collapse.

Here are some of my favorites from the series:






I just love their creativity with the ordinary.
Does anyone else get a sense of subtle warmth when looking at how these commonly unrelated objects touch?

No comments: