Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Martin Luther King Jr.


In 5th grade I was assigned to memorize and recite the famous "I Have a Dream" speech by the Martin Luther King Jr. I honestly had no idea what I was saying and it is only now, many years later, where I find myself extremely grateful for this man's courage, faith, and obedience. What an epic part of transforming humanity for the good that he chose to step into and carry out. Where would we, on both a national level and personal level, be if not for this gift? Reminds me a lot of a song that I really love by Israel and New Breed called If Not For Your Grace. Listen. You may like it :)


So I hope you really enjoyed your day off of work/school yesterday and the freedom we all were/are graced with today and the days to come! Happy Tuesday, my friends!

By the way, if you have any thoughts or stories relevant to Dr. King and (de)segregation, I honestly would love to hear them. Something I've always wondered was how people of another minority (non-black) were treated back in those days. Any ideas?

No comments: